Fillet of Seabass
- Sea bass fillets 2
- Baby gem lettuce 1-1.5 heads
- Bacon lardons 150g
- Garden peas 150g
- Spring onions 4each
- Double cream 150ml
- Lemon, juice
- Sea Salt & pepper
- Rapeseed oil
- Take the fish fillets out of the packet and score the skin with a sharp knife.
- Defrost the frozen peas.
- Cut the root from the Gem, separate leaves and cut down the middle of each leaf.
- Trim the spring onions of root and any old outer leaves.
- Lay the spring onions on a hot griddle pan with some oil and weight down with a bowl to get a nice bar mark until soft and cooked- keep warm.
- Separately fry the bacon lardons with a bit of oil until crisp.
- Add in the double cream and peas and bring to a simmer, season.
- Meanwhile start frying the fish (skin side down) in a hot non-stick pan with a little olive oil.
- Whilst that is cooking add in the gem leaves to the bacon and peas.
- Cook for about 2 minutes until just wilting, switch off.
- When the fish is almost cooked, flip it over and squeeze half a lemon in to the pan.
- Squeeze the other half into gem pan and check seasoning.
- If the cream is too thick add a touch of water.
- Using a slotted spoon, dish up the gem, peas and bacon. Top with fish, grilled onions and any herbs you micht want to garnish with.