Pork & Bacon Pepperonatta
- Pork fillet 350g – 400g
- Back bacon 4-5 slices
- Grain mustard 2 tbs
- Red onion/garlic 1 sliced, 2 crushed.
- Red/yellow pepper 2 sliced.
- White wine 250 ml
- Tom puree/passata 2 tbs/300-400ml
- Smk paprika 1 tbs
- Green olives 80g, sliced.
- Stock cube/butter 1/ 20g
- In a little rapeseed oil gently fry the onion and garlic until translucent
- Next up add in the 2 peppers and fry gently again for a good few mins on low
- Add in the tomato puree and cook for 2mins, add and reduce wine until almost gone
- Add in the passata and olives and slowly cook until thick and tasty
- Meanwhile take any sinew off your pork fillet/ season with sea salt and pepper
- Lay the 5 piece bacon down end to end and pork on top
- Give the pork a good layer of grain mustard, and fold around the bacon
- On a tray seam side down cook 180c for about 16-18 minutes
- Rest pork, finish the stew with a bit of butter and splash of good vinegar
- Put the resting juices in the stew and serve, slice pork on top
- Garnish with herbs & enjoy…